Monday, May 24, 2010

If you don't have something nice to say, Just say 'Satchels of Gold'

Well, this post comes to you from a melancholy, contemplative, acknowledged TV addict. Two of my favorite shows are ending....LOST and Law & Order. I understand why they are both ending, I do, really. I haven't watched the series finale of LOST yet, of which I have been a loyal fan since the beginning. I'm nothing if not unfailingly loyal. I haven't decided if I will record and watch Law & Order later or watch it in real time.

I'm pretty bummed about the way L&O is ending. I just keep telling myself it will be going out the same way it started, unassuming and 'real' with no closure, alot like life, really. If there is one thing I've learned in the last decade it is this...Life goes on. No matter if your grieving, ecstatic, loyal or in my case, melancholy. So, that will be the way L&O goes out.

Now, I'm left wondering, what will temper my summer TV addictions. I watch all of the Real Housewives and plan on watching Bethenny's new series. I'm going to need something gritty and procedural to temper these reality shows that are my 'guilty pleasure'. I just thought of a show that will help with that this summer...The Closer.

Right now I'm obsessed with the song Home by Edward Sharpe and The Magnetic Zeros.The more I listen to it the more I like it. It makes me feel happy so I think I will play it continuously to help with my TV sadness.

**For those of you that don't watch Real Housewives of NY, the title of this post refers to a quote from the latest episode of that show. It's completely out of the blue and hilarious. **

Please leave me a comment, I love to read them! Especially if you are bummed by the farewell of two of television's iconic series'.

No comments:

Post a Comment